Think Possible.

When I was 13 or 14 years old, I had an interesting experience.

One day I was standing by the side of the road in my home town. About a half a block up the road from me there was this boy that was a couple of years my junior. For whatever reason, he called me a name or two of some sort and then took off running toward his house. His house was a block or so away. I took off after him. Now you have to understand something, though I was a very athletic young man, I was by no means a speed demon. I was only average in the speed department. That is, except for this particular day at that particular time. I noticed immediately while I was running that something was different. I was gliding along and it didn’t seem to be taking any effort at all. It was like I caught him while he was standing still, though he was running as fast as he could. In seconds I was on top of him and as he glanced back to see how far away I was, he was shocked to find me right there! He collapsed onto the pavement and looked up at me as I stood over him and said…I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE THAT FAST!! I just laughed and walked away and he got up and went home. I never forgot that day. I never ran that fast and that effortlessly ever again in my life. The only thing I can conclude is that GOD momentarily gave me super speed because he had plans for that young man. Maybe he was teaching him a valuable lesson about humility or something? He taught me something, too, though. He taught me that with the power of the LORD upon him, it would be no problem for Elijah to outrun Ahab’s chariot. Indeed, nothing is impossible for GOD.

Luke 1:37…For nothing is impossible with God.

Luke 18:27…Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."

Jeremiah 32:17…"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”

Jeremiah 32:27…"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good words Chris! I've had times when I am certain God was "helping me along" where I was able to do things that just were not possible on my own. Thanks for sharing!

Inside Out said...

Thanks for the comment, Molly, and of course, you are very welcome.

Was Jesus GOD?

  Here is what scripture says:   1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord...