I read the news today…oh boy…

Things have changed. I remember when I was a kid, at some point it was just about every little boy’s dream to one day be the president. Remember those days? The president’s office was respected and revered. It was the highest office in the land and, for that matter, the world! Having the president stop by your school and give a speech was akin to the Beatles stopping by. Now, some parents are threatening to keep their kids home from school on the day the president is scheduled for a visit! Have things gotten out of control? You’d almost have to be crazy now to want to be president. What would you be volunteering for? Constant abuse? Continual attacks? Unrelenting scrutiny by the media?

It’s a slippery slope. On the one hand, you want the office to be under scrutiny. A respectful scrutiny, though, might be good. Instead we have a media circus that is powered by ratings and greed while parading as the savior of the world.

I guess I appreciate the ‘news’. But just give it to me…just give me the facts without bias. Don’t try to convince me of what I should think…or that I should think like you. I’m going to base my opinion on the facts. And if you try to force your opinion on me, I’m going to boycott you.

No comments:

Was Jesus GOD?

  Here is what scripture says:   1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord...