Certificate of deposit

CDs.  I found out a bit of information recently that seemed worthy of mentioning.  I had a CD that had matured and was in the grace period.  I needed to move around some of that money, so I went into the bank to accomplish what I needed.  When there, I asked what the new rates were and was given the appropriate information.  What I learned in addition, though, (for the very first time) was that if you just allow the CD to roll over without contacting the bank, the interest rate you receive is much lower.  In other words, if you trust the bank to treat you right, you are repaid with a lower rate.  THANK YOU!  If you call in and ask about rates without informing them that you have a CD already in their bank and get them to give you those rates...then (and only then) inform them that you have a CD coming due or in the grace period, you can request that the quoted rate be applied.

This information annoyed me, and caused me to lose all trust in banks.  I have been guilty of allowing CDs to roll over on occasion.  I now wonder how many $$$ I have lost because of these unethical business practices.

No comments:

Was Jesus GOD?

  Here is what scripture says:   1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord...